Slipping GearsWhen you are driving along and it feels like your car suddenly moves into another (often lower) gear resulting in a high pitched whining noise or a change in engine noise (often higher)
Rough ShiftingWhen your car sounds like it won’t change gears automatically like it typically does when driving, or if those automatic gear changes feel really rough or make a noise like a “thud” or a “clunk”
Fluid LeakHealthy transmissions don’t leak fluid, so if you see bright red or dark red or brown fluid leaking from the front of your car, it’s your transmission and needs service right away
Warning LightIf any of the symptoms listed above are happening in your car AND the check engine light is on or comes on (or you see “Error 0007”, your car needs immediate attention by a professional mechanic or auto repair technician. Schedule Appointment Now
- Synthetic-blend oils Full-synthetic oils
Oil Change Intervals: Older CarsOlder cars typically have oil change intervals based on mileage, and have two maintenance schedules, one for cars driven in “normal” operation and another for those used in “severe service.” The latter category involves operating your car under one or more of the following conditions:
- Primarily short trips (5 miles or less)
- Extremely hot, cold, or dusty climates
- Sustained stop-and-go driving
- Carrying heavy loads or towing a trailer
Oil Change Intervals: Newer CarsThe best way to determine when you need your oil changed in a newer car is to simply pay attention to the oil-life monitoring system in your car. Early systems in cars were time and mileage based, but newer vehicles have systems that can actually analyze vehicle operating conditions to identify when the oil first begins to degrade. Whether you or a service technician at your local auto shop change your oil, reset the oil-life monitoring system by following the instructions in your owner’s manual.
Still Check Oil MonthlyIt is still important to check your oil levels monthly. Failure to do so can result in damage due to low oil will not be covered by a new car warranty.
Low MileageIf you do not drive your vehicle often, most manufacturer’s recommend an oil change every 12 months, even if the maintenance reminder light has not come on.
Precision Auto Oil Change Services• Oil Change • Reset Oil-Life Monitoring System • Digital Maintenance Inspection • Check and refill all fluids • Check tires Precision Auto features Mobil1 oils and also carries a full line of national brand oils. Schedule Appointment Now
- You turn the key and nothing happens
- You turn the key and hear a clicking noise but nothing else
- Keep your battery clean. A dirty battery runs hot and that can shorten its life.
- Short trips here and there often prevent your battery from fully recharging, which will also shorten its life. We recommend using a good quality automatic battery charger at home. Charge your battery once a month during the hot summer months and once every three months or so during the cold winter months.
- Running your battery down will shorten its life. Activities like playing DVD’s or leaving the headlights on while the car is not running will deplete the battery. Most batteries will only survive a few of these deep drains before dying.
- Napa Legend Battery (including parts and labor): $162.08 (most vehicles)
- 18 month free replacement
- 75 month pro rated replacement cost
- Clean terminals / apply protectant
- Inspect the battery hold down, etc
- Fluid check